Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Cx and other random stuff

So since Francisco invited more posts here I am doing my share:

Devon and Aspen both won their Cx races this Sunday. Congratulations, great job. And Liam and Tim also did a fabulous job, as far as I could tell when I was cheering them up.

I also did mt first ever Cx race and I can only recommend it - it was a lot of fun, if only they would not always force me to get off the bike and back on again (read: I almost crashed into the hurdles several times)

Rumors also are that Aspen almost got into a fight with the guy who finished second, I am trying to figure out where he lives and what car he drives so this won't happen again. just kidding of course

And then I did the HP Time Trial all by myself yesterday Monday evening at 7 pm. My finishing time was 14:48 which is of course unofficial and can only be confirmed by a bunch of squirrels and two runners - noone else dared to be out there last night ... But surprisingly the path condition was pretty good, I was more scared to slip on large grains of salt than on ice, but then maybe I was just lucky. But it was much much better than in the morning where I tried to go on a ride with Liam but we both crashed about 3-4 times, it took us about 30 min to go from Istria to the hill at 47th, and it was safer to ride in the snow next to the path than on the path itself.

end of the story, more to come and whoever shows up to the next timetrial (and finishes it, in whatever time or condition) will be awarded a special homemade Austrian reward ...

Climb on ah sorry ride on (or whatever bikers say)

3 comments:

J/tati said...

OK, ok. TT is back on next week.

JT said...

Yeah, that pro triathlete guy was really aggressive, shoving Aspen around, saying "let's go'" and telling Devon to "shut up, bitch!" and doing the same to me. It spoiled a great day of racing. I am glad that Aspen took the high road and did not fight back or both of them might have been DQed or suspended. He half-heartedly apologized later, and I hope that he realizes that cross is special because it is low-key and just plain fun.

Clausito said...

just for the record and I didn't want to open a new thread for this - in comparison to Devon's great win - insignificant news: my TT time yesterday was the slowest ever (16:12) which can be explained by:
1) lack of grip
2) a lot of wind (south)
3) scary corners

and boy was it cold; but actually my main problem was not to overheat, my rainjacket isn't that breathable so my feeling was to lose more because of steaming up than because of the numb feet.

anyway - this was the last TT in 2007 for me, I'll come back with backcountry skiing-inflated thighs and lungs :)